Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy tickets for Pori Jazz 2018?
- You may purchase tickets for the festival on www.ticketmaster.fi, tel. +358 (0)600 10 800 (€1,98min+lnc).
Tickets will be sold at The Pori Jazz Customer Service Bureau which will be located on the 1st floor of Puuvilla Shopping Centre (address Siltapuistokatu 14, Pori). The Festival Customer Service Bureau will be open as follows:
Mon 25/6 - Fri 29/6 10am-6pm
Mon 2/7 - Fri 6/7. 10am-6pm // Sat 7/7 10am-2pm // Sun 8/7 12pm (noon)-4pm
Mon 9/7 - Sun 15/7 10am-6pm
Mon 16/7 - Sat 21/7 10am-8pm
email tickets(at)porijazz.fi, tel. +358 (0)10 391 6060.
You may purchase tickets at the gates to the Kirjurinluoto Concert Park as well as in the free Jazz Park.
I have bought a ticket, but I want to change it for a different day.
- Unfortunately we do not refund tickets or change them for another date after the ticket has been purchased unless the concert has been cancelled. This information is printed on the back of the ticket.
You may direct any ticket related complaints in written form to sanna.gronmark(at)porijazz.fi.
What is the schedule like at the Kirjurinluoto Concert Park?
- The main concerts at Kirjurinluoto start in the afternoon and go on until approx 1.30am. The last concerts on the Main Stage begin around 10pm and end around midnight. Concerts on the Lokkilava Stage are programmed from 2pm - 10pm.
Can I bring a picnic lunch to Kirjurinluoto Concert Park?
- You may bring your own packed lunch with you. However, you are not allowed to bring any alcoholic beverages with you due to the national drinking policies. All non-alcoholic beverages are allowed as long as they have not been opened before entering the Concert Park.
You may purchase beverages in the Concert Park, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. The legal age for drinking in Finland is 18.
There are free water taps available for patrons who wish to refill their empty bottles they have brought with them.
Can I buy food and drinks in Kirjurinluoto?
- There will be several food vendors and bars in the Kirjurinluoto concert park. All bars are for over 18s only, bar areas are separated with fences due to local drinking policies. Children may enter bar areas with a parent or guardian, but we kindly ask all children under the age of 18 to leave the concert park at 9pm.
What is the age policy at Pori Jazz Festival?
- All main concerts at the Kirjurinluoto Concert Park are for all ages. Children of the age of 12 and older will have to have a ticket to attend the concerts, under 12s can come for free with their parent or guardian. Those who are not of age will be asked to leave the Concert Arena at 9pm. Bar areas, separated with fences, are strictly for over 18s only.
Can I leave and re-enter the Concert Park?
- You may leave the venue, but upon re-entering you will have to go through a security check. When you arrive to the Concert Park, your ticket will be swapped for a wristband which enables you to re-enter the park. To prevent queues from forming at the entrances, you may swap your ticket at Sokos Satakunta (Liisankatu 2-4 in the city centre) and at the ticket booth in Jazz Park.
Please take care of your wristband since your ticket will grant you access to the concert only once.
Is there a security check?
- You will have to go through a security screening upon arrival to the Concert Park. Refer to the list of forbidden items below.
Is there a cloakroom in the Concert Park?
- Cloakrooms are located in the vicinity of each entrance. The fee is €2 (cash only).
Can I take photos?
- Photography for personal use is allowed. Professional cameras or video equipment are not allowed. Please note that some artists may have regulations concerning photography. We aim to inform about these special regulations before the concert.
What can't I bring to the Concert Park?
- Forbidden items include:
- Glass bottles and containers
- Sharp utensils (such as knives) and blades
- Animals and pets (guide dogs are allowed to enter the Concert Park)
- Umbrellas (please bring a raincoat instead)
- Tents, camping shelters and other large structures that might prevent visibility
Are there any special arrangements for the disabled?
- Yes, there are! Parking for the disabled is right next to the parking lot entrance. There are special viewing platforms for people with disabilities within the Concert Park. Please ask a staff member for more information upon your arrival.
We don't charge admission fee for the assistant/minder of those with a disability or handicap.
Where could I ask about a lost item?
- The Regional Lost and Found Agency, tel. +358 (0)600 14 111 (€1,99/min+lnc), address: Isolinnankatu 7, 28100 PORI, open: Mon 2-6pm, Tue-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-2pm.